Jul 11, 2012

Review: The Iron King, by Julie Kagawa

The Iron King (The Iron Fey #1)

by  
Amazon | Goodreads | Book Depository
Meghan Chase has a secret destiny; one she could never have imagined.Something has always felt slightly off in Meghan's life, ever since her father disappeared before her eyes when she was six. She has never quite fit in at school or at home.When a dark stranger begins watching her from afar, and her prankster best friend becomes strangely protective of her, Meghan senses that everything she's known is about to change.But she could never have guessed the truth - that she is the daughter of a mythical faery king and is a pawn in a deadly war. Now Meghan will learn just how far she'll go to save someone she cares about, to stop a mysterious evil no faery creature dare face; and to find love with a young prince who might rather see her dead than let her touch his icy heart.


Source: Amazon Kindle
Rating: didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it it was amazing (my current rating)


  


This book was completely amazing, and I loved it! I'm probably one of the few people who read this book until now, but I'm really glad I did. It had everything I look for in a book.

Interesting plot: 2/2
The Iron King had a plot that completely blew me away. Julie Kagawa created a world where faeries exist, along many other creatures, and made it completely real for me. I honestly thought I was reading something that truly happened. The book kept me hooked at all times, and every thing that happened made me grip the nearest cushion and hug it tightly.


Characters: 2/2
The main character, Meghan, is adorable! She cares for her family, and for people she basically just met, and she's an amazing person towards everyone. I loved how brave she was no matter what she encountered. One of my favorite characters of all time.

Pace: 2/2
It never stopped, no matter what happened, it never had dull moments. I love books like this one, because if they become dull I lose interest.

Writing style: 2/2
Julie Kagawa never ceases to amaze me. With The Immortal Rules, I loved how easygoing she was with her writing. I liked in said book, as well as in The Iron King that she does not care to use some words other authors seem to be afraid of. I understand how some authors prefer to write in a "cleaner" language, but Julie's seem much more real.

Recommend it? 2/2
YES!
____________________





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total site visits