May 22, 2012

Review: Switched, by Amanda Hocking

Switched (Trylle Trilogy, #1) 
Switched, by Amanda Hocking
Series: Trylle Trilogy #1
Summary: When Wendy Everly was six years old, her mother was convinced she was a monster and tried to kill her. Eleven years later, Wendy discovers her mother might have been right. She’s not the person she’s always believed herself to be, and her whole life begins to unravel—all because of Finn Holmes.
Finn is a mysterious guy who always seems to be watching her. Every encounter leaves her deeply shaken…though it has more to do with her fierce attraction to him than she’d ever admit. But it isn’t long before he reveals the truth: Wendy is a changeling who was switched at birth—and he’s come to take her home.
Now Wendy’s about to journey to a magical world she never knew existed, one that’s both beautiful and frightening. And where she must leave her old life behind to discover who she’s meant to become…
3.82 of 5 stars

In all honesty, without Goodreads I would probably never had read this book. I had never read anything that has to do with trolls, mainly because they're not really my thing, and I imagined them to be, you know... ugly, and smelly.

Reading Switched was a shock, especially because I wasn't hesitant or anything (I mean, I had read wonderful reviews and recommendations about it), but I was wary of the fact that it was a world of trolls. Well, I was definitely shocked by an incredibly creative world in which trolls are in fact beautiful, fancy people. It was a pleasure reading about the introduction to Wendy's world, the story behind everything, it was just fantastic.

If there's one thing I didn't like about Switched was the fact that the thrill part of the book came at the very end, with less than 50 pages left. I normally like books that have a big conflict in the middle, and then spend the rest of the book solving it. But I understand, that for a world like this one, it does need a big introduction. 

I'm really excited to read the sequels!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total site visits